Check the song out. It's a conversation between a guy and girl about her last night. She thinks it's her last night alive. He knows it's her last night alone. He is going to help her. He is going to help her hold on. But ultimately he's going to lead her to something better, stronger, and greater than anyone or anything that can help her get through her pain. It might not make sense here so please check it out live on YouTube and on iTunes!
The Last Night
by Skillet
You come to me with scars on your wrists
You tell me this will be the last night feeling like this
Just came to say goodbye
Didn't want you to see me cry
I'm fine
But I know it's a lie
This is the last night you'll spend alone
Look me in the eyes so I know you know
I'm everywhere
You want me to be
This is the last night you'll spend alone
I'll hold you in my arms and I won't let go
I'm everything
You need me to be
Your parents say everything is your fault
But they don't know you like I know you
They don't know you at all
So sick of what they say
It's just a phase you'll be okay
You're fine
But I know it's a lie
This is the last night you'll spend alone
Look me in the eyes so I know you know
I'm everywhere
You want me to be
This is the last night you'll spend alone
I'll hold you in my arms and I won't let go
I'm everything
You need me to be
The last night away from me
The night is so long
When everything is wrong
Give me your hand
I will help you hold on
Tonight
Tonight
This is the last night you'll spend alone
Look me in the eyes so I know you know
I'm everywhere
You want me to be
This is the last night you'll spend alone
I'll hold you in my arms and I won't let go
I'm everything
You need me to be
I won't let you say goodbye
I'll be you're reason why
The last night away from me...
My last night alone was August 18, 2009. I fell to the floor and found the verse below in God's word. Nearly one month later I confessed to a room of strangers through the power of forgiveness that I had been pretending and this song was my story. On October 11, 2009, I had the words from that verse tattooed on my back because I believe them so strongly.
I leave you with this. 1 Corinthians 13:8, "Love endures all things, believes all things, and hopes all things. Love never fails."
SLD
No comments:
Post a Comment