12.10.2011

The place I used to call home...and man do I miss it!

Let me start off by saying three things: 1) I loved my time at Taylor University 2) I miss it everyday 3) (and this is most important) I do not regret one single thing that has happened since I left. I know that my time there and my time away from there was all part of God's plan for my life. In the time since I left Taylor, I have found myself, the man I supposed to spend the rest of my life with, peace and happiness--things I ran to Upland looking for, and a family that I never dreamed of having when I ran away from home nearly four years ago.

But man do I miss Taylor. I made some of the best friends and family while I was there. So much has happened since leaving. Friends have gotten married and engaged, graduated, and found love and success in so many ways.

Tonight I saw a video that reminded me of the good days and all the happy moments there. CBS sports did a special on TU and our little world in the middle of Indiana. I know I am not part of the TU community anymore but a part of me still feels like it's a part of me. Like when you grow up somewhere and then move away in high school. That old home is always still a home, but now I have a new home and new love, and a new life.

I will love Taylor forever, but I am a new person, happy, healthy, and alive and I am so greatful that is the case. I will always love this place and the memories I have, but tonight, I am finally letting go of the loss I had with leaving Taylor and embracing everything I do have. I am thanking God for all those amazing memories, but I thank Him for all of the ones that are still yet to be made.

Check out this video on CBSsports for more about my little school in the middle of the cornfields.

No comments:

Post a Comment