6.13.2010

365 Days

It's amazing how fast one year goes. It's amazing how fast we forget moments, thoughts, and words that at times can seem life-changing. So what are we to do?

Well have you heard of the 365 project? If not, here's how it works. One chooses a discipline that he or she practices (art, photography, writing, even cooking) and they do that discipline everyday for a year. At the end of the year they have a collection of whatever the fruit of their discipline is.

I am going to write everyday. Reflections, poetry, short stories, whatever inspiration brings. I want my writing to be a representation of my day. I want my days and weeks and months to be a collection of those memories, thoughts, and words that we so easily lose. At the end of this project, my writing should mean something, maybe only to me, but my prayer is that not be the case.

I will start this project tomorrow. 365 days to go. Who knows what the next year will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment